Thursday, June 05, 2008
Dangers of RV
The dangers are real. This morning, I opened our back curtains to see firetrucks nearly in our backyard. One of the campers behind us had caught on fire and the firefighters were already trying to put it out. It seemed to be centered on the refrigerator area.
No one was home and another RV owner was walking his dog heard a pop and spotted the flames. It is a seasonal camper and the owners aren't there very often. But with highly flammable propane on every camper, it could have had serious consequences for the other campers or those in their RV's like us.
We've seen multiple RV's on fire on the road from overheated engines or in accidents. This is the first campground fire we've seen. Not the best way to wake up in the morning!